Hands-On Robotics with jаvascript
Computers & Technology
Hands-On Robotics with jаvascript: Build robotic projects using Johnny-Five and control hardware with jаvascript and Raspberry Pi
Format: PDF | ISBN: 1789342058 | 2018-09-31 | 214 pagesLeverage Raspberry Pi 3 and different jаvascript platforms to build exciting Robotics projects
- Build robots that light up and make noise
- Learn to work with Raspberry Pi 3 and jаvascript
- Connect your Johnny-Five projects to external APIs and create your own IoT
There has been a rapid increase in the use of jаvascript in hardware and embedded device programming. jаvascript has an effective set of frameworks and libraries that support the robotics ecosystem.
Hands-On Robotics with jаvascript starts with setting up an environment to program robots in jаvascript. Then, you will dive into building basic-level projects such as a line-following robot. You will walk through a series of projects that will teach you about the Johnny-Five library, and develop your skills with each project. As you make your way through the chapters, you’ll work on creating a blinking LED, before moving on to sensors and other more advanced concepts. You will then progress to building an advanced-level AI-enabled robot, connect their NodeBots to the internet, create a NodeBots Swarm, and explore MQTT.
By the end of this book, you will have gained hands-on experience in building robots using jаvascript
What you will learn
- Install and run Node.js and Johnny-Five on Raspberry Pi
- Assemble, code, and run an LED project
- Leverage jаvascript libraries to build exciting robots
- Use sensors to collect data from the world around you
- Employ servos and motors to make your project move
- Add internet capabilities to your Johnny-Five project
Who this book is for
Hands-On Robotics with jаvascript is for individuals who have prior experience with Raspberry Pi 3 and like to write sketches in jаvascript. Basic knowledge of jаvascript and Node.js will help you get the most out of this book.