Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager Cookbook
Computers & Technology
Download Free - Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager Cookbook: Maximize storage efficiency, performance, and security using System Center LTSC and SAC releases - ebook in ePUB format
ISBN: 1787289281 | 2018-12-31 | 424 pages | 45.4 MbOver 60 recipes to achieve a robust and advanced backup and recovery solution leveraging SCDPM
- Adapt to the modern data center design challenges and improve storage efficiency
- Effective recipes to help you create your own robust architectural designs
- Solve data protection and recovery problems in your organization
System Center Data Protection Manager (SCDPM) is a robust enterprise backup and recovery system that contributes to your BCDR strategy by facilitating the backup and recovery of enterprise data. With an increase in data recovery and protection problems faced in organizations, it has become important to keep data safe and recoverable. This book contains recipes that will help you upgrade to SCDPM and it covers the advanced features and functionality of SCDPM.
This book starts by helping you install SCDPM and then moves on to post-installation and management tasks. You will come across a lot of useful recipes that will help you recover your VMware and Hyper-V VMs. It will also walk you through tips for monitoring SCDPM in different scenarios. Next, the book will also offer insights into protecting windows workloads followed by best practices on SCDPM. You will also learn to back up your Azure Stack Infrastructure using Azure Backup. You will also learn about recovering data from backup and implementing disaster recovery. Finally, the book will show you how to configure the protection groups to enable online protection and troubleshoot Microsoft Azure Backup Agent.
What you will learn
- Install and prepare SQL Server for the SCDPM database
- Reduce backup storage with SCDPM and data deduplication
- Learn about the prerequisites for supported Hyper-V Server protection
- Integrate SCDPM with other System Center products to build optimal services
- Protect and restore the SCDPM database
- Protect your data center by integrating SCDPM with Azure Backup
- Manually create online recovery points and recover production data from Azure
- Protect and learn about the requirements to recover Azure Stack with SCDPM
If you are an SCDPM administrator, this book will help you verify your knowledge and provide you with everything you need to know about the new release of System Center Data Protection Manager.